Banner

Monday 13 December 2010

Other things I have made ....

This is a quilt I made...
First I dyed the fabric, then I stenciled onto it, all sorts of different things like....chevrons, paw prints,  sketches of African huts, sketches of eating bowls. I also drew and painted six panels to be the main parts of the quilt. My Mother sewed it together for me in record time. She must have worked really hard to get it done so fast...Thanks Mom!



A close-up of a section of the quilt...   
In the Small gold squares at the join of all the bigger pieces, is a little silhouette of a giraffe drinking, or an elephant or some wart hogs walking with their tails in the air....I then covered it with a gold gauzy fabric to create the effect of a dusty golden evening. It worked well.
This is a scatter cushion cover...
 This cushion cover was made the crazy patch way...Fun and relatively easy. I dyed the fabric of the center piece only. The rest of the fabric is store bought. I stenciled and painted the Sea Horses.
A bit of fun with our oars.
We wanted our oars to be easily spotted and unique, so I cut out pictures from a magazine and glued them onto the oars with varnish. it worked OK. The only thing was that the print on the back of the picture came through...so if I do it again, I'd scan and print the pictures out onto regular paper and use those instead. The varnish will penetrate much better too.
The other side of the oars...

Yes, well I got a bit carried away with all the pictures I'd cut out. They got rather busy. *grin*. I have done others since, but I haven't taken any photo's yet..I may surprise you all with some photo's of those in the future...


I am going to have to start doing a post once a week,  instead of every day....and even then that might be erratic, because when we sail we don't always have internet connection AND if we do have a connection we can't always upload photo's...so bear with me please and keep checking for new posts... I'll try and keep you entertained.....

OK so see you soon... :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verification