Banner

Wednesday 12 January 2011

I'm Back.... :-D

I told you on the 'chat' blog that I was going to try and make a necklace similar to the one in the photo........well I've started it...If you can't remember what it looks like..scroll down to the Chat blog..it's after the Mermaid blog....and have a look.......
So this is the first bit you do...
 Actually the width of the initial band of beads is almost double what you see here, but it's all up to your own preferences. That's the great thing about this..they give you an idea and you can then run with it...quite fun..
A close-up of a section and some of the shells and beads .
I am using fresh water pearls as well as glass beads and David has been drilling tiny holes in the shells for me so that I can thread them into the necklace...
I've woven in three shells on this bit..more to come...
Sometimes the pictures are a little blurred because I'm taking photo's on the boat and of course the boat is never still..ha ha...
 This one is better. It's a bit further down the string. I've also got some really nice fresh water pearls in this section.
A Cowrie shell and some more fresh water pearls.
The Cowrie shell is rather a nice specimen. I found all the shells on different beaches in Mexico. The big green beads at the bottom...are gonna go..I don't like them.
Making bridges..the sections that are semi attached...
So the pattern that you download from the internet tells you how to do all this stuff. I'm having a great time with it all and as I go along I'll keep trying to take 'clear' photo's...grin...

Yes I know where are fabric art things...well I've been working on those too. I have the Elephant and the Rhino stencils cut. I'm trying to finish cutting the others before I actually do some painting with them...or maybe I'll get the urge to paint and you'll get a surprise..:-D
Cheerio for now..have a wonderful day..I know I'm going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verification